Planning: Location and lighting

The location of the video is going to be interior, this means will not have to worry about being affected by natural lighting, and I can work at any times of the day, furthermore I will not be affected by the weather.

The first location which I am thinking of working at for the first half of the music video is the school theatre at kettering Buccleuch Academy. This location is very good as its very large and spacious. This location is also free to book when needed, meaning there will be no distraction when I have booked it. It is likely that I will only be using the front of the theatre which is the stage section so the seats will not be in the shots. This section of the music video is going to be the performance side so, this is a really good location to show this as theatres are very much associated with performances.

The second major reason why the theatre is the perfect location for the first half of the video is because of the flexibility in lighting, I have. The theatre has multiple lighting rigs mounted to the ceiling, which allow me to change the actual colour of the room,  I will also be able to control the intensity of the lighting and have focused spot lights. Overall this is the best location for getting the exact lighting I want for the video.

This location is also very close to the editing room, meaning as soon as I film the footage I am then able to edit it straight away which then saves on time and traveling costs.

The space which is available to me is also very good as the seats in this room are retractable, this will then allow the caters more freedom in movement when they are in this room.
in the image below is the seats being Pulled back with a remote control.






The second location which I will be using is inside my house. This location has some of the same befits to the theatre, but I will not have to book it and this place is available to me, whenever I want. although this place has not got as many lighting options as the theatre it still does allow me to chose between natural light and light rites or even the normal house lights. one other reason why this place was ideal, was because of the colour scheme of the house. The main colours in this house where red. this was perfect as this was going to be the only colour which I was going to use in the video with the leave colour effect.

The first section of the house that we will see is the corridor and the stair case. These will also have the red colour in them with the carpet and some of the pictures in the room. the camera will then take use in to the main living room.




















The images below show the living room which the last few shots of the house will be taken. Some parts of this Mise-en-sense can be changed, like the carpet and the curtains if needed. The characteristics of this place like the colour scheme, logistics and availability made this place the first choice for the second location.












This section is key in producing a good music video as, allows you to know beforehand where you are going to film, this will allow you to make preparations for these locations like the lighting and when to film, to prevent any problems when actually filming. This will will also ensure that you have a good and relevant place to actually film, instead of struggling to find a decent place when it actually comes to the filming.