Planning: Lumix

The camera I am going to use is the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200. I think that this will be the best camera for me to use for the production of my music video. This camera has been voted by "which" as the 2013 best by for cameras. This meaning it has very good reviews and it should produce a high quality image. The camera its self had a 12.1 megapixel sensor which was not the highest but it was was its video recording capability and features which I was most interested in.


The specifications of the camera where very good and would produce a good image for the music video. The spec which then caught my eye was located in the creative control section. The "One point colour" effect was going to be most useful on this camera as it allows you to select a colour using the camera, lock on that colour. This will then make the rest of the image Black and white while this colour stays visible. Originally I had planned to do this using premiere pro with the leave colour effect, but now I had this option it gave me a chance to see which method produced the best results.



 This is me using this feature on the camera.








This is the menu on the creative control setting.
it is actually easier to find compared to the one on premier pro.






Once on the setting, you have to click on function 3, and then focus on the section of colour that you want and click OK.








As you can see on the image I have just picked out the colour green. This is much easier to do than editing it on Premiere Pro. furthermore this does not degrade the quality of the image as well.








The video below is an example of what this effect can do using the Lumix.