Black Bars/ Changing The aspect ration

More and more Music videos are using the wide screen black bars in their music videos, and I wanted to use this same technique as it gives the music video a more tight clean professional look.

Below are some examples of music videos which use this techniques in the hip-hop genre.

             


              

The following two videos don't use this technique and I think they don't look as tight and concise as the videos above. al the videos above have a more cinematic effect making them look more professional.



              


              


I have decided to use this technique in my own music video. to do this is used the text creating tool and added the black bars with the black shape tool. The image below shows the the title creation page where I created the black bars, I used the guide lines which are shown in the image to map out where they should be placed.


When I placed the bars in to the footage I stretched then out so they would cover the whole music video, and I used them as a top layer so they would always be seen.